– What is the song’s “thesis” (what is the song about)?
– To what major course theme and course concepts does the song relate?
– How does the song relate to a major course theme and specific course concepts?
– What is your position on your chosen issue and related course concepts? (Your work should have a clearly articulated thesis statement.)
– What academic sources can you find and implement that are useful to your thinking about your chosen course theme, popular song, and specific issues? (Your final critical essay should employ three sources, relate source theses, and be incorporated into your discussion and reasoning.)
– How can you demonstrate your logical line of reasoning and support your specific position?