*** I need both the discussion post and a reply post. Please reply to the first discussion post on the discussion board. I have attched a PDF. Thanks.
A nurse colleague uses his personal cell phone to take a photo of a patients wound and then sends a message with the photo to the primary care provider via a text. Please consider the following in your discussion post:
- What principles of patient confidentiality might be an issue? Consider legal and ethical.
- How might this nurse use a communication device to support safe patient practices?
- What would your organizations policy on ‘personal communication device use in a patient care setting’ reveal related to this case? (If your organization does not have a written policy, or you are not currently working in an organization, what do you think should be included in such a policy and why?)
This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
- CO6 Discuss the principles of data integrity, professional ethics, and legal requirements related to data security, regulatory requirements, confidentiality, and client’s right to privacy. (PO 6)
During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Sunday the end of the assigned week):
- Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
- Posts in the discussion on two different days
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Best Practices include:
- Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
- Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
- Select different classmates for your reply each week.