Your final critical essay should answer the following questions (in an integrated and
argumentative discussion); you will not be overtly responding to these questions, but
should use these prompts in formulating your argument:
● What is the song’s “thesis” (what is the song about)?
● To what major course theme and course concepts does the song relate?
● How does the song relate to a major course theme and specific course concepts?
● What is your position on your chosen issue and related course concepts? (Your work
should have a clearly articulated thesis statement.)
● What academic sources can you find and implement that are useful to your thinking
about your chosen course theme, popular song, and specific issues? (Your final critical
essay should employ three sources, relate source theses, and be incorporated into your
discussion and reasoning.)