Proposal for dissertation Topic title The effectiveness of wet cupping (Hijamah) in persistent nonspecific low back pain. a systematic review of clinical randomized trials. the aim of this review was to examine the efficacy of wet cupping treatment in persistent non-specific low back pain
• The objective of the systematic review to determine wet cupping is effective in alleviating the pain for patients with persistent nonspecific low back pain.(I think I need to write more about the objectives) my PICO
• P: patients with PNSLBP
• I: wet cupping therapy
• C: comparison with sham treatment or any other conventional treatment
• O: pain Background 1200 words An
• I have to give a reason for writing this systematic review like a justification Increasing research underpin the effects of wet cupping in low back pain. However, empirical studies are required to confirm the efficiency of wet cupping. my rationale should be strong,I couldn’t find a good reason,I said wet cupping is not the same as dry cupping in terms of application but about the effectiveness, I don’t know, another reason I said the religious value of wet cupping in Muslims country.i should mention recent studies about cupping and the gap in the studies. the only gap I found is a new RCT of wet cupping by mohsen they haven’t mentioned their systematic review. The systematic review has followed PRISMA guidelines and the Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions. risk of bias assessment The PEDro scale for critical appraisal and quality assessment of randomized controlled trials, two independent reviewers assessed the methodological quality of the included studies in this systematic review.
Type of participants Study will include if they are adult with no gender restrictions participants with back pain for at least 4 weeks and more with no identifiable etiology. Type of studies The systematic review will only include Randomized Clinical Trials (RCTs) The primary outcomes are pain intensity and quality of life and it must be measured by the Visual Analogue Scale (VAS), McGill Present Pain Index (PPI), and Oswestry Pain Disability Index (ODI) other validated tools for pain measurement mention pain score. Secondary outcome adverse effects. Type of interventions Focused on wet cupping alone or in combination with other therapies compared to no treatment or other analgesic treatment Search strategies The following electronic data base will be searched from 2009 until the end of 2021 Pedro, Cochran library, ResearchGate, Scopus, PubMed, ProQuest, and sciences medicine.
For aboard search keywords were used (Cupping, hijamah, back pain ,nonspecific ,and persistent) not to miss any relevant studies Study exclusion criteria
• Studies were excluded if they were using
• dry cupping,
• uncontrolled clinical trials
• Wet cupping compering to any type of cupping therapy
• case reports
• Studies not published in English. my method of analysis is narrative synthesis because I am not going to use meta-analysis. can you suggest to me what I could use for extracting the data, table could be. data extraction
• first author’s name and publication date, study design, sample size
• characteristics of participants (gender,
• description of wet cupping duration, frequency, and anatomical cupping sites.
• primary outcomes main results
• author’s conclusion, and adverse/undesirable or side effects of the intervention. keep in mind this is what I wrote for a draft and I think it’s not very good it’s just a kind of a hint. the proposal should follow the Cochrane protocol I have to include a review question. and citation should be in the paper