Imagine that you were charged with putting a team together to interpret America at that Fair.
1. What kinds of people would you need on your team?
2. Based on the articles and papers below, what stories about America were on display at the fair?
3. Would you have interpreted these stories the same way?
Articles and papers to use:
• https://www.heinzhistorycenter.org/blog/western-pennsylvania-history/picturing-protest-great-railroad-strike-1877 (Picturing protest: The great railroad strike of 1877)
• The Two Faces of American Freedom – download review from https://digitalcommons.law.buffalo.edu/book_reviews/34/
• https://xroads.virginia.edu/~MA96/WCE/title.html (The world’s Columbian exposition: Idea, experience, aftermath.)
• https://worldsfairchicago1893.com/ (WorldsFairChicago1893)