The teaching of science is a complex process that must adapt to the needs and interests of children. Around the world there is declining interest among older students with engaging in science, and what is considered to be a lack of scientific literacy. Within your essay you are to consider the prompt given and construct a response to the question below:
What role do science teachers have in equipping and preparing students to be scientifically literate?
In your essay you will:
- analyse pedagogical approaches in the teaching and learning of science, including the teaching of science as part of STEM
- discuss the role of science teachers in empowering students to engage with science, including the use of authentic real-world science issues
- present and analyse suitable assessment strategies
- support your discussions with relevant readings from the learning materials and your own wider research
- adhere to the APA referencing style guide, including in-text citations and a reference list (not included in the word count).
- Analysis of pedagogical processes in Science teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated understanding of the significance of scientific literacy in Science learning.
- Analysis of assessment strategies.
- Academic structure and coherence of writing (including expression, referencing and accuracy).