Questions 1 and 2 are based on the video that you watched for this session (For the Life of the World: Exile).
1. According to the video, we have been looking at our salvation only as a means of personal atonement. Evan asked the question, What is our salvation actually for? As part of the answer, he discusses the three ways that Christians interact with culture. Explain these three ways and why they are not sufficient for transforming the culture around us. Refer to p. 62 of your textbook and incorporate those ideas as part of your answer.
2. What was one concept from this video that surprised you and made you think? Explain your response to it.
Questions 3-5 are from your textbook (chapter 4) and from the recorded lectures for this session:
3. List and explain the three characteristics of Gods salvation that we must have in order to form a true biblical worldview (p. 51). Briefly explain each one in your own words, providing support from the text and the online lecture.
4. Explain the concept of structure and direction (p. 63) and how misunderstanding this can lead to an incorrect worldview. Provide support for your answer from both the textbook and the online lecture.
5. How does dualism distort the biblical worldview? As part of your answer, define dualism (from the lecture and the textbook). Provide two examples of how you have seen dualism in your own life.
A Discussion BoardAbout 100 words) (Due in 6 days)
Question: After reviewing the videos in the Cultural Mandate Project folder, which video did you choose for your project? Why did you choose this? What do you hope to learn about this cultural area and how you can better fulfill the Cultural Mandate?