- What do you think is the greatest nutritional problem of young children in the US?____
- What are the most common problems when trying to feed a 3-5 year old child?
- At what age do you think children can perform the following skills? (Circle gross motor skill or fine motor skill)
Circle one 2yrs 3yrs. 4yrs. 5yrs. 6yrs.
Catch a Ball Gross/Fine ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
Clap, bang, sing in rhythm Gross/Fine ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
Walk up stairs Gross/Fine ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
Write simple words Gross/Fine ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
Peddle a Tricycle Gross/Fine ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
Feed self with fork Gross/Fine ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
(Clue: which require more myelination of brain connections, greater development of the corpus callosum, and prefrontal cortex?)
- Do you think that children learn gross motor skills best from other children or from adults? Why?
. Describe your child’s sleep patterns when he or she was 4 years old. How many hours of sleep per day? Did you child nap at this age? How did you help your child relax?
- Food Allergies – Does your child have any food allergies? Are there any extra precautions do you take because of this allergy?. Remember a time that your child got injured, what happened? What were the consequences of that injury? Thinking back, is there a way that the injury could have been prevented?