1- Identify current operations and quality management challenge(s) facing the organization’s / company’s sector. The design quality of a product (PlayStation 5): -Performance, durability, reliability, features, serviceability, reputation, and aesthetics. -ISO 9001
2- Identify your chosen operations and/or quality management challenge (a real issue or potential issue). Sony corporation decided to enter the market during the pandemic period, taking advantage of lockdowns leaving Xbox behind. However, the demand was too high for the company.
Furthermore, the firm couldn’t prevent the scarcity of a specific &quot;chip&quot; that is used to produce PS5. In fact, the firm is still struggling to keep up with demand and it will be for the entire 2022. Lacks in: Strategy, Control, and planning (long, medium-term planning), Forecasting demand and Capacity management. All these factors brought disruption in supply chain management.
3- Identify potential operations and quality management industry and academic research that may be of value in exploring the challenge using a range of credible sources. -Lean management (an approach to managing an organization that supports the concept of continuous improvement, a long-term approach to work that systematically seeks to achieve small, incremental changes in processes in order to improve efficiency and quality. Eliminating all waste in the business processes). -Six Sigma
4-Identify potential continuous improvement within organizations, industry and academic research that may be of value in exploring the challenge using a range of credible sources. -The company should start to manufacturing the chip itself (which is used to make PS5). -Total quality management(TQM) as a culture to bring continuous improvement in each department of the firm. when you’re writing the introduction introduction must include forming areas first of all what is the purpose of the task the purpose of this report is to do this is to identify an operations management issue as the purpose then talks about the background information. Then he talked about aims and objectives, So what are you trying to achieve at the end of the report. in this case to highlight the important move maybe quality management and why it is relevant that the company should be able to tackle…then you talk about an outline the report in terms of the outline maybe recommend thinking about problem identification hey I need to be talking about TQM, Lean etc..all this goes into the introduction and therefore when it comes to the main body.
1 Background to sector and organization / company.
• Report aims and objectives 2 Identified Issue
• Current industry and academic research into current operations and quality management issue business challenges / issues.
• Evidence of additional research
• Implications to organization’s / company’s sector. 3 Challenges Faced as a Result of Identified Issue
• Identification of current operations and quality management challenges faced by organization / company.
• Implications to organization’s / company’s sector.
• Implications to organization / company.
• Application of research to issues 4 Conclusion, Improvement Options and Recommendations
• Relevance and appropriateness of conclusions and operations and quality management improvement options.
• Relevance of the recommendations to organization / company. Structure of the report Abstract Introduction 250 words the porpuse of the task, aims of the report 4 or 5 main theories (2000) TQM,LEAN, Kaizen, Quality management triple bottom line ( sustainable operation management) Supply chain management. Summary(conclusion (300)