2. Search online (or in your kitchen at home) for a Nutrition Facts Label for one of your favorite foods; respond to the questions below:
- Identify the categories of information presented on the label.
- Would this food item be appropriate in a healthy diet? Explain why or why not, referencing the information on the label and the Dietary Guidelines you reviewed previously.
- Describe how you might include this item in a menu or meal plan.
- What are the primary nutrients available in this food item?
- What other foods might be served with it to ensure children receive balanced proteins, and appropriate vitamins and minerals to support their growth and development?