Knowledge management (KM) is creating, sharing, using, and managing an organization’s knowledge and information. KM is an enabler of organizational learning (Girard & Girard, 2015).
The week 6 Assignment has two parts. Part I is dedicated to analyze and synthesize knowledge management practices from a Harvard Case Study assigned by the instructor. By answering the case study’s questions, you will be able to understand how KM is implemented (see below case studies and the one assigned to you). Part II is dedicated to diagnose KM in your current organization and suggest how to implement it in your organizational/managerial context or what to do to improve the system is it is already implemented.
See this source: http://www.knowledge-management-tools.net/
HCS: “We gave them a tool, but hardly anyone’s using it! Untangling the knowledge management Dilemma at TPA.” Author: Alina Dulipovici, Ann-Frances Cameron (https://hbr.org/search?search_type=search-all&term=We+gave+them+a+tool%2C+but+hardly+anyone%27s+using+it%21Untangling+the+knowledge+management+Dilemma+at+TPA)
1. What is the case about? Your answer should include a description of the three phases of TPA’s knowledge Management strategy and of the key actors and their roles.
2. What are the main points of the last meeting of the SharePoint Project committee? Present your answer in a table that clearly illustrates the viewpoints of four actors.
In order to allow for a more informed group discussion, you are also asked to individually reflect on the questions associated with each of the four activities described below.
1. What are the general characteristics of:
a. The organizational environment at TPA,
b. The SharePoint Project system as a kind of knowledge management system,
c. The adoption process of SharePoint Project?
2. How can we position TPA’s efforts of knowledge management to support its strategic objectives? Expanding on the results from the second activity, what elements are misaligned? Why?
3. Drawing on existing methods, suggest an analysis and re-engineering approach which is tailored to this case. Explain where and how your approach deviates from the existing approaches.
4. How can we capture TPA’s tacit knowledge?
5. What should have been done differently to improve the chances of success of the implementation of SharePoint Project?
After analyzing the case study and reading the documents attached for this exercise/topic understanding, use the Knowledge Management Capability Assessment to evaluate your current company. Provide a detailed report based on the assessment of each section. Identify weak and strong areas, then come up with a plan for implementation.
- After answering the case study questions, prepare and submit a videotaped oral PowerPoint presentation through this link as an attached file, describing the answers along with your suggestions for improvement based on your case understanding. Just the answers from the case study will not be accepted. The answers must be accompanied with your suggestions. The presentation must be based on “consultant-type” feedback through which you will provide “actions for improvements” to that company. The presentation must show the content of the topic (slides), your voice and face. Please, when delivering your presentation, do not read from the power point, just say it in your own words. This is a requirement.
- Submit the written report based on the KM Capability Assessment in a word document through this link.
Below is the link to the free download of the video software if you do not have any.
Free Download Trial link: