Identify a recent MCQ or OSCE exam with which you have been involved.
• Select an appropriate standard-setting method, giving reasons for your choice, e.g. modified Angoff.
• Apply the standard-setting method to the exam, giving information about any difficulties encountered.
• Identify the pass mark.
• How many students passed/failed, according to your standard-setting method?
• How many passed/failed, using your usual standard and/or a 50% pass mark?
• Reflect on the implications of the use of the standard-setting approach you selected.