For this discussion and after reading Chapter 3, re-read the Summary and post a response considering the following:
- What does the author mean when he says, “Our objective is clear: Find the fraud scenario.” Why does he feel this is so important. Do you agree?
- How does identifying the fraud scenario further differentiate the fraud audit from a traditional audit?
- What are your biggest “takeaways” from this chapter?
- Identify a news story about a fraud case and see if you can identify and describe:
- The primary classification of fraud
- The secondary classification of fraud
- The inherent fraud scheme
- The fraud scenario