This essay asks you to look at a pivotal moment from a historical lens. Place that moment in the context of history in order to read into its significance.
1) Decide on a thesis topic of historical significance (image, person, idea, time period, etc.)
2) Find 1-2 images directly or indirectly related to your thesis topic
3) Describe one of those images in detail (essential info only)
4) Explain the historical context of the moment: what happened before, during, and after?
5) Make an argument for how the thesis topic revolutionized the time period.
6) Why is the thesis topic personally significant to you?
7) Analytical Annotated Bibliography: for each source, summarize the content (2-4 sentences), analyze its credibility (1-2 sentences) and comment on its purpose in your essay (2-4 sentences).
For example: The image of Phan Thi Kim Phuc after a napalm bomb hit her village during the Vietnam War could lead to research about the cause and effect of the Vietnam War, the response that this image received around the world after, what happened to the girl in the image thereafter, and discuss how the Vietnam War is the reason that my parents fled the country etc.
The image of Phan Thi Kim Phuc taken on June 8, 1972, shows a naked girl running on a road after attack by South Vietnamese napalm. The image entails children running from what looks like smoke preferably running for safety. The image stands out since among the children running to safety is a naked girl with burnt skin. The Vietnam war had led to the casualty of 1.1 million combatants while 600,000 were wounded between 1954 and 1975 CITATION Jor16 l 1033 (Jordan, 2016). During this time, the US had entered the war with the aim of stopping the war and helping bring peace to Vietnam. Another significant event that took place included the death of Ho Chi Minh in 1969. President Nixon then began reducing the US ground troops as the domestic public opposition grew….
Do you need Assignment help from intel-writers.us?