Q1.You have been hired as an economic consultant by a price-taking (a perfectly competitive) firm that produces T-shirts. The firm already has a factory, so it is operating in the short-run. The price of T-shirt is $9, the hourly wage is $24, and each T-shirt requires $1 worth of material. The following table shows the relationship between the number of workers and output of T-shirts.
- Fill in the blanks in the table. (3 points)
- What is the profit maximizing output? [ students may use marginal approach] (1 points)
Note:For answering question-1 (a) and (b) students are required to show all possible calculations.
Q2. See around you and pick up a firm which is either dominating the market or trying to create monopoly.
- (a) Write in brief about the firm chosen and explain how the firm is trying to create a monopoly or dominating the market? (2 points)
- (b) Elaborate your opinion, why we as a society should worry about a firm trying to create a monopoly? (2points)
- (c) Discuss some policy options a government could have to intervene in such market and prevent the monopoly creation. (2points)