- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via the allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling in your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention the question number clearly in their answers.
- Late submissionwill NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answers must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this coverpage willNOT be accepted.
- Define the fundamental theories of public sector management. (LO1.1)
- Describe the simple and complex issues pertaining to public management (LO1.2)
GUIDELINES FOR DOING ASSIGNMENTS
We expect you to answer each question as per the instructions in the assignment. You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind. The assignment will be evaluated in terms of your planning, organization and the way you present your assignment. All three sections carry an equal weightage of
Kindly read the instruction carefully and prepare your assignment and submit it to your teacher.
1) Planning: Read the assignment carefully and go through the Units on which they are based. Make some points regarding each question and then rearrange them in a logical order.
2) Organisation: Be a little selective and analytical before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. Give adequate attention to the questions introduction and conclusion.
Make sure that:
- a) The answer is logical and coherent
- b) It has clear connections between sentences and paragraphs
- c) The presentation is correct in your own expression and style.
3) Presentation: Once you are satisfied with your answer, you can write down the final version for submission. If you so desire, you may underline the points you wish to emphasize. Make sure that the answer is within the stipulated word limit.
Wishing you all the best,
Ethics provides accountability between the public and the administration.
In the light of this statement discuss the importance of ethics in public administration
Administrative ethics cannot be achieved without professional competence.
With the help of suitable examples discusses the significance of ethics in public administration.