1. Define attention-deficit/hyperactive disorder (ADHD) and describe the most common treatment options for ADHD.
2. Define physical disabilities and health impairments.
3. State two reasons why the number of children served under the other health impairments or orthopedic impairments categories of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act is much smaller than the actual number of children who have health impairments or physical disabilities.
4. List and describe the types and causes of health conditions and physical impairments seen most frequently in school-age children.
5. Briefly explain how severity, age of onset, and visibility of a health impairment or physical disability can affect a childs educational performance.
6. Discuss the importance of a parallel curriculum for students with health impairments or physical disabilities.
7. Explain why the continuum of educational services and placement options is especially critical for students with health impairments or physical disabilities.