Due Date: 11:59 pm EST, Friday of Unit 8
In this assignment, you will be creating a presentation for courtroom testimony.
Create a presentation for court testimony using a latent print and a known print.
- You can use the same ones from the assignment in Unit 7 or create a new latent print to compare using the fingerprint powder and ink.
Answer the question “What was the result of your examination and comparison? What was your conclusion?”
Choose five more questions to answer from the list on pages 117-118 of the textbook in Appendix B under the header “Expert Fingerprint Testimony – Jury Trial.” Write out answers to these questions as if you were testifying.
Presentation with the following slides:
- Court chart with latent and known fingerprint with minutae numbered
- Answer to the question “What was the result of your examination and comparison?”
- One slide for each of the five questions from the list and an answer to the question written out.
Attached is a template to get you started. Or feel free to create one of your own.
- Submit a PowerPoint presentation in APA format.
- Maximum 10 slides in length, excluding the Title and Reference slides.
- At least two resources, including the textbook.
Be sure to read the criteria below by which your work will be evaluated before you write and again after you write.
Evaluation Rubric for Court Presentation
|0 – 11 points||12 – 15 points||16–19||20 points|
|Court Chart||Examination of||Examination of||Examination||Examination of|
|the fingerprint||the fingerprint||of the||the fingerprint|
|minutiae points||minutiae points||fingerprint||minutiae points|
|is mostly not||is somewhat||minutiae||is accurate.|
|0 – 14 points||15 – 19 points||20–24||25 points|
|Results &||Results and||Results and||Results and||Results and|
|Comparsion||comparison are||comparison are||comparison||comparison are|
|not accurate.||somewhat||are mostly||accurate.|
|discussed on||Somewhat||Mostly clearly||discussed on|
|the slide.||clearly||discussed on||the slide.|
|discussed on the||the slide.|
|accurately, and||accurately, and||accurately,||concisely|
|concisely||concisely||and concisely||answers 5|
|answers the||answers at least||answers 5||courtroom|
|0 – 5 points||6 – 7 points||8 – 9 points||10 points|
|Resources||0 resources or||n/a||1 resource||2 resources|
|Presentation||More than 10||n/a||n/a||Less than 10|
|Clear and||Errors impede||Significant errors||Few errors||Writing and|
|Professional||professional||that do not||that do not||format are|
APA compliant, and error free.