PLEASE FOLLOW GUIDELINES Please choose a topic other than euthanasia, COVID, and eugenics. It must be about bioethical dilemmas abound in our world and in our lives. There are numerous accounts every week of issues that affect health, life, and the environment. Keep your eyes open, read newspapers (e.g.,Science Times on Tuesdays), magazines, internet news sites, and talk to your friends and relatives about what’s going on in their lives. There must be an element of biology in the case study (not psychology, not environmental science, unless there is a biological aspect.)
1. The case study must come from a current issue or event of the last 6 months, covered in the media (either in the print media, TV, or internet.) The source of the information on the case must be a valid news reporting source.
2. Starting point: If the source of the case is the media, you must include a copy of the article, printout from the website, or a transcript of the broadcast which first described the case.
3. After introducing the case as described in the original source, the facts of the case must then be clearly described/explained IN YOUR OWN WORDS.
4. The scientific background must be provided to clarify the science issues. Please use reputable sources for the science part of the assignment; i.e., research articles from peer reviewed journals, books, reputable internet sources (NOT “.com”, NOT WIKIPEDIA). All references must be documented and properly cited with full references, using footnotes or endnotes. Remember, it’s biology, so find appropriate biology or bioethics sources from the literature.
5. The Bioethics issues must be presented. What are the issues in bioethics terms? What principles apply? What other cases are relevant to this case? Use bioethics terminology in your analysis.
6. With regard to the issue(s), present opposing views regarding the choices that are available – what are the alternate responses or approaches to this dilemma? Defend BOTH SIDES (or more) of the issue. (Note: If you can’t figure out at lease two ethical perspectives on this dilemma, then it probably is not a dilemma, and you should choose another issue.)
7. Present a conclusion (or conclusions) regarding a resolution to the bioethics issue/dilemma. If you have information on how the case was actually resolved, report and explain what occurred. Make sure to check over the case study to ensure in the Scientific Background section to explain in detail how the topic is done, are there many applications and tests available now for prospective patients. Which ones are being used and why? And how do they work? and What is the objective? And what information do they provide, or fail to provide? What are the latest techniques?
Give examples. And you MUST cite sources in the scientific literature to all of this information. And in the Bioethics issues sections, to use bioethics terminology or discuss principles and theories, other than mentioning &quot;slippery slope&quot;. Also to discuss two sides to the issue.